Six Workers Were Hospitalized After Chemical Exposure In Fort Bend

According to the Fort Bend Star, in the afternoon of September 29, there were multiple 911 calls about workers having been exposed to an unknown chemical while inside a plant in Richmond off Smithers Lake Road.

Around 100 workers from Fort Bend County’s W.A. Parish Plant were exposed to chemical fumes. According to the county’s office of Homeland Security & Emergency Management, six of those workers were then hospitalized after being evaluated by the local authorities. 

County Judge KP George explained that at first, the authorities were worried that the workers had been exposed to ammonia but after the evaluations, county officials determined that the workers were just exposed to a “biodegradable cleaner and degreaser that had been overly applied.”

All six workers were attended to in nearby hospitals and soon recovered. 

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *